Saturday, November 10, 2018

Aristotle's Wheel Paradox #3

The title includes #3 because I posted #1 and #2 in February (link). I am posting #3 because I edited the Wikipedia article about the topic (link).

I improved the first section. It had said the paradox was about two wheels. The section 'Wrong problem entirely ' on the Talk page says the paradox is about one wheel. I wholly agree. So my change to the first section says it is about two circles and one wheel (or a suitable substitute for the wheel).

I added the Analysis & Solution section to include my two solutions to the paradox. To the best of my knowledge the solutions are original. At least I didn't see or hear them anywhere else.

Since others can edit Wikipedia articles at any time, I cross my fingers that somebody won't impair it. I earlier added similar text to the Talk Page. I believe others can alter that too, but maybe they are less likely to do so.

P.S. I later added a third solution, labeled the first solution in the Wikipedia article.


No comments:

Post a Comment