Friday, July 3, 2020

Coronavirus - Trump on testing

Lest anyone believes I am biased pro-Trump after my prior post, the following should at least raise doubt.

Last month President Trump said: "When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people, you’re going to find more cases. So I said to my people, slow the testing down, please."

That last sentence is inane and shows a callous regard for the lives or health of people in general. It indicates what matters to Trump most is that it might reflect badly on him if somebody tests positive for the coronavirus.

A person getting tested for the virus to see if he or she is infected is acting with rational self-interest. If the test is true positive, the person needs to act accordingly. If the test is true negative, that's good. 

I expect attack ads aired by Democrats for the 2020 election will exploit Trump's inane remark.

No comments:

Post a Comment