Thursday, April 7, 2016

Sports contests

I entered the Post Newspapers NCAA basketball tourney bracket challenge again this year. In 2013-15 I did pretty well, making the top 25 among Strongsville entries each time, which got my name in the Strongsville Post. This year I did so again, and I finished at the 76th percentile locally and 77th nationally. The wider groups include a bunch of local newspapers. There were 923 local entries and over 141,000 national entries. I don't know how many for Strongsville. My decent rank was supported by picking 2 of the final 4 teams, one being North Carolina which lost in the finals. I picked champion Villanova to make it only to the Sweet 16. My worst pick was Michigan State. I picked them to make the Final Four; they lost in the first round.

I'm playing Fantasy Baseball again this year. I was lucky in drafting rookie Colorado shortstop Trevor Story, who is one of the big stories so far this very young season. He hit 4 home runs in his first 3 major league games. Of course, there are 159 games to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment